Monday, May 10, 2010

80S, The Man with one Red Shoe

I went for another Tom Hanks movie today, The Man with One Red Shoe. Released in 1985, this movie is an amusing story of the CIA going a little too far. One goofy violinist, Richard (Tom Hanks) is arbitrarily chosen as a major target and threat to the CIA. There is a basic love story (and one seriously sexy dress) with Richard and a CIA agent, Maddy (not a very good spy name if you ask me.) The ending is just for all the characters involved.

I laughed a lot during this movie. There were some seriously funny parts. This movie is extremely similar to The Man Who Knew too Little, but it much less over the top. As funny as that movie is, I think I prefer this one. I enjoyed this movie, It was more re-watchable than the last move I reviewed, The Burbs. I would watch this again with friends, but I'm not dying to replay it by any means.

1 comment:

  1. You should see the original French version of this movie: "Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire" (I know, it's 1972...).

    Similarly, before you watch "3 Men and a Baby" (1987) watch the original French "3 hommes et un couffin" (1985). Both are funny, but the French one has some truly beautiful scenes.

    ReplyDelete