Friday, October 14, 2011

Adventures with bleach

Inspired by these blogs (1,2) I've tried bleaching a few of my old things.
This was a t-shirt that my friend Amy gave me for my 16th birthday. (thanks amy.) Well, we could just say it isn't quite my style anymore. I still really liked the fit of the tee. So I thought to myself, "Hey, if I could make the whole tee be tan colored, then you wouldn't be able to read the words quite so much!"
Good thinking, self. 
 So I put it in a plastic bin and poured straight bleach over it. (I know you're supposed to use water too, but I didn't.) All the black seeped out and man it smelled horrible!
I left it in the bleach for a couple of hours. 
Washed it by hand in the sink. And hung it up in the shower to dry.

 This is the result! Holy smokes!
I love the new color.
According to this color chart, I think it's either "jasmine" or "Naples yellow." I'm good with that. they're both exotic! Just my style. 
What do you think? Would you ever try bleaching the crap out of something you own?

xo steph

No comments:

Post a Comment