Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dark Inspiration:

After decorating my living room, I have turned to my very own bedroom. It is a mismatch of styles. I love them all. I am very eclectic, and I was only planning on living here for three months; but that has turned into an additional eight months. So It's about time for a little inner cleansing.

Here is what I have done.
I know these pictures are not awesome. Deal with it. I am.

This is a painting I did, that now hangs over my desk. It is inspired by Charles Makintosh, a furniture designer. His styles always include long black lines like these:

and his recognizable Rose Motif.
And after a little inspirational DIY site, showed how contact paper can be put to good use in apartments, where you use put nails or paint,
Here is what I came up with:

It's basically just a big sticker that I cut out. I am quite pleased. Imagining the sunrise call to prayer is easier than ever.

You may recognize this headboard outline from my very favorite room design (as blogged before):


I have been trying to introduce thick, dark lines.

I don't know what this says about my soul.
Maybe that my soul has good taste.

xoxo
Love as Always
Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the sticker headboard idea. Any idea how to make a sticker box spring? haha. As of right now, we'll just have a mattress lying on the ground in our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm! Your headboard looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it - you're amazing! your headboard is SO jerusalem! my goodness your soul definitely does have good taste. love the painting too.

    ps - can't wait for class tonight.

    ReplyDelete